Wonder why you feel exhausted all the time?
You are not alone.
I conducted a Sleep Quality Poll where 37% of people said they still wake up tired even after a “good” sleep.
Can you imagine the impact of more than one third of people in your waking life being sleep deprived?
You are making headway in your chosen path, striving for your goals and creating your vision. You love it and you've never felt so inspired - but there seems to be a catch... it's affecting your sleep…
This was my story and I know that while sleep may not seem very sexy, you may not appreciate the tangible benefits of good sleep until you experience it!
WANT TO WAKE UP REFRESHED & ENERGISED EVERY DAY?
If you could change one thing about your sleep what would that be?
A bad night's sleep could be for a number of reasons. Here are some responses received in the Sleep Quality Poll on people's biggest challenge with sleep:
- “Once I get into bed I feel wide awake, thoughts swirling and restless legs”
- “Waking up throughout the night and not getting to bed early enough”
- “The loud snoring of my husband keeps me awake. Also, when the aircon is on I have feel panicky that everything is closed”
- “Needing to do a pee. Sometimes every hour other times only every two hours. When I have worries then the mind churns.”
- “Wake up around 2am for a couple of hours. Very light sleep. Often wake up in the night. Not fulfilling sleep”
Does this sound all too familiar?
You know that if you got good sound sleep every night your mind would be clear and you would wake up with energy, rather than a with a layer of lethargy.
Would you do what it takes to get better quality sleep?
The quality of your sleep affects the quality of your life - Bev Roberts
HOW TO GET YOUR ZZZ’S ON IN 5 KEY STEPS
- Make sleep a priority in your life. It’s about quality of sleep and not just quantity
- Keep a sleep diary. Get insights into any habits or patterns that impact your sleep
- Disconnect from electronic devices at least 1 – 2 hours before going to bed. Ok you may have FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) but give it a go
- Create a pre-sleep routine. A few personal rituals sending strong signals to the body that it’s time for sleep.
- Minimise likely disturbances to your sleep. Friendly chat to the neighbour about their dog or cat maybe?
I am on a mission to shift people from tired but wired to refreshed and energised every day.
If you're ready to discover more productivity, creativity and wellbeing, I invite you to sign up for the FREE Sleeptember events and experience the best sleep of your year
Would love to hear what your biggest challenge is with quality sleep so please comment below
If you LIKE what you've read then please SHARE the love