Wow it’s so exciting for me to be talking more about the 4 things that build new brain because every single one Dr Fiona Kerr spoke about are things I value and implement myself.
By now I am sure you have realised I am a sleep maven and yet each of these things have been my own learning as part of my wellbeing journey. So I wanted to do a deep dive into the 4 things that build new brain and share some practical strategies to implement these.
I spoke about
- The 4 things Dr Fiona Kerr spoke about which were human interconnection, novelty through learning, movement and sleep
- Brené Brown's definition of connection
- The multifaceted value human connection brings to our lives
- Our learning from others' experiences and insight
- Safeguarding human connection above new experiences
- The TED talk by Rita Pierson urging educators to connect with students
- 3 ideas for creating an opportunity for connection
- How the brain reacts to novelty
- My personal experience of retraining my brain
- 3 ideas from Belle Beth Cooper on how to increase novelty when learning
- Lauren Gelman's view that movement is medicine
- 6 ways exercise makes your brain better
- Ideas for incorporating movement in your life
- Sleep building new brain
- The habits and outcomes of someone who has good sleep quality
- Tash Corbin's experience of getting back to basics
- Getting better quality sleep is about consistent action and you can keep it simple
Turn your sheet wrangling into blissful slumber...
When you create a great sleep ritual you can create huge changes in your energy and your performance!
Julie Nelson and I ran an online Scent, Sleep & Ritual Masterclass.
If you got value from this episode if you have not yet done so please Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes or Stitcher. You can follow the instructions here. If you know someone else that would get value from this episode as well please share it with them.
Until next time fabulous podcast listener, I’m Bev and I invite you to live the fab life with me now!
You can find out more about the references here:
Rita Peason's rousing TED talk with a call to educators to believe in their students and actually connect with them on a real, human, personal level
Courts Lippett and Kirsty Bonner from the SmartChicks Coterie run a weekly Eat ‘n Greet session for entrepreneurs
Belle Beth Cooper on novelty and the brain
Lauren Gelman on 6 ways exercise makes your brain better
Find Tash Corbin at www.tashcorbin.com
2) Stress Sleep and your Brain will solve the connection and missing links between your energy, your emotional health and your vitality. Get your natural high right here by connecting Stress Sleep and your Brain
3) Six Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality will eliminate overwhelm and have you take back control. A simple plan to carve out time for yourself while still keeping up with your work and family commitments. Let go of the angst with 6 Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality