We are midway through Sleeptember®, a month of events focused on supporting you to get better quality sleep so I decided to share 3 tips that I have found particularly helpful to deal with a busy mind and stress. You may find that you fall asleep from exhaustion yet wake up in the early hours of the morning with monkey mind. Use these tips daily to train your mind to put stress to bed!
Inspire yourself with these essential insights from your host Bev Roberts
I spoke about
- How sleep can become like a nasty playground
- 3 reasons why your mind makes a poor master
- 3 practical tips to ditch stress that keeps you awake
“The fears and worries we don’t acknowledge in our waking life come out to play in the middle of the night"
"Our mind gets stuck on auto-repeat and like clockwork it’s 2 or 3am, we’re wide awake and the merry-go-round of thoughts swirl in our heads relentlessly"
"It is completely possible to fall asleep and stay asleep when we understand that the mind makes a good slave but a poor master"
"Amplifying our perception of the situation is what can create unnecessary worry or fear and yet it may be a blinkered version of the story"
"Place a priority on letting go of those fears before you head to bed so you can have restorative sleep that brings equilibrium easily"
If you got value from this episode if you have not yet done so please Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes or Stitcher. You can follow the instructions here. If you know someone else that would get value from this episode as well please share it with them.
Until next time fabulous podcast listener, I’m Bev and I invite you to live the fab life with me now!
You can also find me at:
Living Fabulously Forum: http://bit.ly/livefabfb
Become Calm and Collected once again with this FREE guided relaxation
2) Stress Sleep and your Brain will solve the connection and missing links between your energy, your emotional health and your vitality. Get your natural high right here by connecting Stress Sleep and your Brain
3) Six Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality will eliminate overwhelm and have you take back control. A simple plan to carve out time for yourself while still keeping up with your work and family commitments. Let go of the angst with 6 Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality