An author and specialist in anxiety disorders, Reneau Peurifoy joins me and we explore stress in a very practical and accessible way including its impact on our lives.
When you are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep the truth is that many times you aren't having a sleep issue. You are having a stress issue. When we stress less we have more energy to create the life we love to live instead of expending energy on things that may never happen.
If you (or someone in your life) has difficulty physically, mentally or emotionally with the impacts of ongoing stress set aside time to listen to what Reneau shares on the subject with some really great tips on how to worry well.
Inspire yourself with these essential insights from Reneau Peurifoy
We spoke about
- The difference between stress vs stressors
- How we respond to positive vs negative stress
- The problem of ongoing or chronic stress
- Busting myths about stress
- Why people react to stress so differently
- Types of things that trigger stress
- Effectively managing short and long-term stress
- A checklist of strategies to deal with stress
- Addressing “what if” thinking or negative anticipation
- 3 fabulous tips to be in your happy space
“Stress is designed to help your body function more effectively when you have a demand on it”
“Any danger that you perceive or any threat, your body responds to it as it it’s now, even if it’s just a thought”
“You look at any picture of a president when they first take office and when they leave office and it looks like they’ve aged two decades”
“You can deal with short term stress very effectively. It’s that chronic ongoing stress that’s very wearing on the body”
“Any strong emotion will reduce your ability to think logically”
“People who have panic attacks have a much more reactive body”
“Stress is just a message that you have some business to take care of”
“You need to have an awareness that stress is getting to you”
“When stress starts to affect you, you become more black and white in your thinking”
“If you know you’re under stress and if it’s possible delay making important decisions”
“People who worry tend to overestimate the odds that something is going to happen and then they catastrophise how awful it’s going to be”
“So much of it is so automatic that we don’t realise how irrational we can be sometimes”
“In our modern technological world, we are most impoverished is, in our relationships”
If you got value from this episode if you have not yet done so please Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes or Stitcher. You can follow the instructions here. If you know someone else that would get value from this episode as well please share it with them.
Until next time fabulous podcast listener, I’m Bev and I invite you to live the fab life with me now!
You can find Reneau Peurifoy at:
2) Stress Sleep and your Brain will solve the connection and missing links between your energy, your emotional health and your vitality. Get your natural high right here by connecting Stress Sleep and your Brain
3) Six Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality will eliminate overwhelm and have you take back control. A simple plan to carve out time for yourself while still keeping up with your work and family commitments. Let go of the angst with 6 Steps to Healthy Weight and Vitality
Have you heard about Sleep Fabulously?
A 4 week program to transform your life through your sleep in a 3 pillar (scratch that)
IN A 3 PILLOW APPROACH
Body - learn what kind of sleep your body needs, the best time for your body to sleep, and uncover the mystery why you wake up at peculiar middle of the night hours.
Mind - overcome the racing thoughts that keep you awake, the one mind trick that will get you back to sleep every time, and the sure way to overcome excuses
Sleep - determine the actual intrusions behind your sleep (you’ll be surprised), how to master your sleep cycle and how to ready your body clock
Body + Mind + Sleep = Sound Asleep Nights and a Throw Away Your Alarm Clock Lifestyle