As a multi-disciplinary practitioner, Pamela Baker offers a scientific, integrative and naturopathic perspective with Traditional Chinese medicine, proposing natural solutions for many health problems. She shares her expertise about acupuncture in a pragmatic and fascinating way.
Inspire yourself with these essential insights from Pamela
Note: please accept my apologies for some background noise in this recording
We spoke about
- What Acupuncture is and it’s use as a treatment for a vast range of symptoms
- A rail system metaphor where meridians are the train lines and the stations are the Acupuncture points
- Comprehensive evaluation of a client at several levels
- How taking the pulse in Traditional Chinese Medicine is different to a medical perspective
- The individual basis for diagnosis given the many different causes for the same symptom
- Different tools utilised based on the chronic nature of the problems
- How even needle phobics like me can be treated with acupuncture
- How a seasoned practitioner feels and can modify the energy flow for the individual’s need
- The desired effects achieved with the needles
- Each treatment is accumulative and retrains the body at different levels
- The four basics in life
- Laughter and joy
“Cause is often a complex interaction with 2 or 3 organs”
“Going back to first principles and the 5 element theory is often required”
“Make the experience as comfortable as possible but as beneficial as possible”
“Each treatment is accumulative”
“The multiple effects of Acupuncture have a domino effect in the body”
“Check in with your self at all levels”
“Find the things that whittle away at your spirit on a daily basis”
“Laughter really is the best medicine”
“Don’t compromise on the things that give you the greatest joy”
If you got value from this episode and if you have not yet done so please Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes or Stitcher. You can follow the instructions here.
If you know someone else that would get value from this episode as well please share it with them.
Until next time fabulous podcast listener, I’m Bev and I invite you to live the fab life with me now!
You can find Pamela Baker at:
- Natural Therapy page: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/connect/pamela_baker/pamela/about_pamela
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pamelabhealthbiz