A warm and compassionate practitioner, Ian Cleary specialises in helping people facing debilitating chronic fatigue, anxiety and chronic pain conditions to get unstuck using a brain body training. He became an advanced Lightning Process Practitioner as a result of the life altering transformation of his wife’s health after 7 years of chronic fatigue.
Inspire yourself with these essential insights from Ian
We spoke about
- When the bio-medical model just does not work
- The need to understand brain function and neural plasticity
- Being stuck in a model that something is either physical or psychological
- A life altering transformation takes work that only you can do
- It doesn’t matter how long you have had chronic fatigue or pain you can change it
- What the Lightning Process is and it’s applications
- Teaching people to take back control of their brain and their body
- People can get stuck in lots of responses
- Why the Lightning Process may not suit everyone
- Why success can happen so quickly when retraining the brain
- Why some people make change look so effortless
- People need to be ready to hear a message
- Why the past is often our best teacher for making radical change in our lives
- How making sense of the process and readiness can enable people to shift
- Mental steps people go through to get ready
- Dealing with the tricky subject of the benefits of being sick
- Not underestimating the impact of stress
If you got value from this episode and if you have not yet done so please Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes or Stitcher. You can follow the instructions here.
If you know someone else that would get value from this episode as well please share it with them.
Until next time fabulous podcast listener, I’m Bev and I invite you to live the fab life with me now!
“You are the most influential person in your life"
“You don’t have to cope with life, manage symptoms or put up with things"
“The vast number of illnesses are lifestyle illnesses requiring personal responsibility for that change"
“Retrain the brain and the body to respond appropriately to the situation rather than historically"
“The brain is the most trainable, changeable organ in our body"
“It’s empowering to take back charge, to really learn what is going on and then to do something about it"
“Research is clear that it’s patient driven, pro-active responses that often lead to full term recovery"
“People may be desperate but they are not determined"
“It looks miraculous only if you are in the mindset that a slow healing process has to happen"
"I needed to live it, I needed to learn it and I think there is a real value to that"
"Get curious about how you are thinking about this problem"
"Are you ready to take responsibility for your results, your changes and your health?"
"You have to really, really want it no matter what"
"Take back control"
"Learning to be present and consciously calming your body"
You can find Ian Cleary at:
- Website: http://iancleary.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ianclearylightningprocess/
- The Lightning Process Book on Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/An-Introduction-the-Lightning-Process-Phil-Parker/